Frequently Asked Questions
How do I mount this onto my Helmet?
Our design has two parts:
The Nubbins: These rare earth magnetic bases use high strength VHB tape to adhere to the helmet surface.
The Flair: This is the neat stuff. All of our Flair is compatible with our Nubbins. This means you can collect lots of colors and trade out with your friends.
Inside the package, you will find instructions to help you install your Helmet Flair with an alcohol swab to prep your helmet surface. If you have any additional questions about installation, just reach out through our contact page or by phone.
How do I know what design will work on my helmet?
There are heaps of different helmet designs out there. Helmet Flair will work on almost every helmet. Before deciding on a design, take a look at your helmet to see if you have some flat space to mount the Nubbins (our magnet bases). We recommend that you have at least 3/4 inches of good plastic to adhere the Nubbins onto the helmet.
If you are mounting Helmet Flair onto a snow sports helmet or a motorcycle helmet, you’ll want to consider your visor and/or your goggles. Remember to put your goggles in their up position as well. It’s so sad to get excited about a design only to realize it’s not compatible.
On our web site, Instagram and our Facebook Page, you will see the most common mounting locations for the different designs. Don’t worry, you can get creative and place them in whatever way you’d like.
Here are some tips based on the range of Helmet Flair designs:
- Small Horns: These are great with helmets of all kind as they can mount far enough back on your helmet so your visor or goggles can go into the 'up' position. With six colors to choose from, you can collect them all and make your own combinations.
- Large Horns: If you are looking to make a strong statement with your helmet horns, these are for you. Proportionally, they look the best on motorcycle helmets because they are bigger. And remember that we tested our helmet horns at 180mph on a free fall.... ride as fast as you'd like.
- Unicorn Horn: Feeling magical? Yeah, thought so. The unicorn horn can be mounted on your helmet further forward if you are using a bicycle or skateboard helmet. For motorcycle helmets, you'll want to mount it a bit further back. If you are feeling really wild, mount a whole bunch of them in a row to make your own helmet mohawk!
- Kitty Ears: Meow! This set is perfect for all helmets. Their low profile make the cat ears a perfect match for your motorcycle helmet because they will withstand the winds. You can get both purple and pink kitty ears to swap out as your mood changes.
- Rhino Horns: These are best suited to bicycle and skateboard helmets because they look best when they are far enough forward to get that rhino effect. Of course, like with all Helmet Flair products, you can mount them however you'd like, so get creative.
- Banana: This one was an afterthought for our design team, but has turned out the be one of the most popular of our helmet decoration designs. You can mount the banana to look like it's going through your head or like it's curved. Totally up to you.
How fast can I go with my Helmet Flair?
We tested our Flair at some pretty high speeds, but if you are worried about knocking them off with an activity like fast riding, skydiving or rock climbing, you can always permanently attach the Flair to the Nubbin with double sided tape or our Speed Tabs. Remember that Helmet Flair is not a safety device, so use good judgement to ensure you don't compromise the safety features of your helmet.
Will my Helmet Flair just come off?
Wind alone will normally not knock your Flair off. If you knock them off with a ski pole or from a heated Unicorn fencing match, no sweat. Just pop them back on. We intentionally designed the Flair to pop off in the event of a crash. This ensures that the helmet can do its job of protecting your brain.
Can I remove the Nubbin (magnet base)?
We use the same kind of adhesives as a GoPro mount. You can remove it by prying it off and getting the remaining adhesive off with something like Goo Gone.
What is the Helmet Flair return/exchange policy?
We're happy to accept exchanges or refunds on orders within 30 days of purchase. All returns and exchanges within the US are FREE!
Packaging must be intact and the product must be in new condition. So if you’ve already had your horns scraping down the mountain, it might be too late.
All Helmet Flair discounted, and items otherwise marked as final sale are not eligible for refunds/exchanges.